Wednesday, September 1, 2010

He is the I AM, i am the I AM NOT...

Life has been busy for me lately! Babysitting a lot, which i LOVE! My first classes this week, some will not be so bad, others are going to be A LOT of work! Finances, not one of my favorite things to think about. I still wish I had a money tree to solve those problems. After thinking about all of this i realized something...

How many times a day do I actually ask for God's help with these problems?
My answer- Not often enough.

Anyone that knows me very well knows that I like to be able to control the things in my life. Not in a crazy control freak kind of way, but i want to fix things myself and take care of things myself. When something stressful is happening and i cant change it i get so aggrivated. This can be a good and bad quality. Yet, i have recently realized that i cannot always fix everything. There is a reason for that, it is called trusting God. Before I can actually trust God I have to be willing to let go. Letting go is hard for me. Letting someone else be in control of my decisions, my choices, my steps and my life is hard. But i have got to let go and let God have control of those hard things in my life.
Lately i have been trying to fix everything the way that i want it and i have yet to actually ask God for help. Which is completely rediculous because he knows EVERYTHING and i know NOTHING. He is the I AM and i am the I AM NOT. We have to take the time to spend with God, let him know how we are feeling (even though he already knows) and allow Him to work the way that He needs to. We need to ask God to let His plan be carried out and for His doors to be opened where they need to be. His way, NOT ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment